You can use any type of paper. Variable contrast, fixed grade, fibre based or resin coated. The native paper size for the camera is 10,5×14,8 (4x6in) or with our adapters you can use a 12,7×17,8cm (5x7in) paper and cut it in half or quarter (economical option).
- Fomaspeed 311 – this is a resin coated, variable contrast paper. It is the cheaper and easier to handle option. Get in in the EU / US
- Fomabrom 112 – this is a fibre base, variable contrast paper. They are a bit more expensive and need longer developing, washing and drying time. But Fibred based papers are beautiful and certain add value to your photo print. Get in in the EU / US
- Foma multigrade Filter. This filter allows you to change the contrast. We suggest to use the Y filter to create a soft negative for better tonality. You can also use Iford filters but they do require a bit of a longer exposure time. Get in in the EU / US
We recommend powder chemicals here as they are easy to transport and when sealed properly last a very long time. You can use any kind of paper developer and fixer though. Some box camera photographers prefer Ilford as they say the image developed slower.
- Adox Adotol Developer. Get in in the EU / US
- Adox Adofix P II / Ilford Rapid Fixer. Get in in the EU / US